Please confirm all information below, agree to the terms, and choose your payment method. If you need to make any changes to the information below, please email Tiffany Hunt.
Community Cabin Rules
- The Community Cabin can be reserved up to 6 months in advance from the date of the request.
- All private rentals are on a first come, first serve basis. All Community Cabin date requests must be made two weeks prior to date requested for rental.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age to rent the Community Cabin. The rental applicant shall remain on the premises the entire time the building is in use.
- Occupancy is limited to 200 people for the Community Cabin when set up for theater style seating; occupancy is limited to 150 people for table seating.
- The permit holder will be provided a keypad code in order to enter the facility. When the rental time expires, renters must clean up and exit the building. Renters are responsible for turning off the lights, stoves and locking all doors. The building closes at 11:00 p.m. and all activities shall be terminated by that time.
- Permit holders do not have access to the North Olmsted Senior Center. Doors entering into the center hallway are to remain closed.
- If an individual, organization or club has liability insurance, the renter must submit a copy indicating the City of North Olmsted as additional insured for the event.
- Any misrepresentation of the description of the nature, type or size of use at the Community Cabin shall cause the applicant’s rental agreement to become null and void and may preclude any future rentals of city facilities.
- Cancellations must be provided in writing to the Senior Center Administrator by the permit holder. Cancellations received at least three (3) months in advance of the event qualify for a full refund. Cancellations received at least four (4) days in advance of the date and time for which permit is issued qualify for a 50% refund. If notice is not given or less than four (4) days’ notice is given, the full amount of all rental charges shall be forfeited.
- Accessible parking spaces are to be used only by persons with disabilities. Vehicles parked improperly in the parking lot or in drive aisles risk citation by the Police Department.
- Smoking, including the use of vaping devices, is not permitted inside the Community Cabin, Senior Center or surrounding city property including the parking lot.
- Rowdyism, disorderly conduct, profanity or abusive language, removal of furniture or equipment from the building or malicious destruction of property is prohibited. Any violation shall subject the violator to the penalty provided in the applicable section of the General Offenses Code.
- Police and or Auxiliary Police may be required to be hired for duty at the discretion of the Mayor or his designee.
- Children must be supervised. There is to be no running in the building.
- In the event a damage deposit made by an individual, group or organization is insufficient to cover the cost of necessary labor or replacements for lost or damaged equipment or damage to the buildings or property, the individual representing the group or organization will be held personally for such damage, loss or replacement.
Decorations and Entertainment
- No decorations are to be permitted in or about the building unless approved by the Senior Center Administrator. Any furniture or equipment furnished by groups or organizations used in the building shall be removed the same date that the building is used by such groups or organizations.
- Nails, tacks, tape, pins or other objects that may damage the walls are prohibited. If any damage of this kind is incurred during the event, the renter will be charged accordingly.
- Smoke machines and pyrotechnics are prohibited. The burning of candles, or incense of any kind is not permitted. If the fire alarm is activated and the Fire Department responds to an alarm the renter’s damage deposit is automatically forfeited.
- All dances shall be sponsored by a recognized City organization who must provide sufficient chaperones for teen dances.
Food and Beverage
- The kitchen and any equipment shall be cleaned and readied for immediate service, if used. Garbage cans and bags are provided for the renter. Place all garbage inside the cans that are provided. All garbage must be placed into the dumpsters behind the building at the end of the event.
- An ice machine and coffee maker are provided in the kitchen area for renter use. No food is to be left in the refrigerator or on the premises.
- Alcoholic beverages of any kind shall only be permitted on the premise with prior approval of the Mayor or his designee and in compliance with all liquor control laws of the State of Ohio, including appropriate state permits, where applicable. No alcoholic beverages may be present or consumed unless prior approval is granted pursuant to state and local laws.
- If alcohol is approved for a rental, it may only be consumed within the Community Cabin and is not permitted outside of the building.
- The City of North Olmsted, nor its employees shall be held accountable for any items that are lost or stolen at the facility from the rental group or any individual or group providing services or equipment for the rental party.
- The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of North Olmsted and the North Olmsted Senior Center, and any and all employees and agents
at all times from any and all claims or damages, of any sort, to person or property, on account of injury to anyone using the facility and/or grounds in connection with the function sponsored or operated by the applicant, and/or growing out of their use and occupancy of the said facility/grounds, or through any defect in said premises, including sidewalks adjoining the same and use or operation thereof.
- The signed Rental Agreement and full payment of the Total Due amount is due within two weeks of the Confirmation Date listed above or your Community Cabin Rental Agreement will be voided.
- The applicant must sign the Rental Agreement and acknowledge the Community Cabin Rules to complete the reservation process.
- The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all guests adhere to the Community Cabin Rules and Ordinances of the City of North Olmsted.
By my signature, I affirm that I have carefully read this Rental Agreement and Community Cabin Rules. The information set forth by me herein is truthful and accurate. By my signature I agree to be bound by all terms and conditions set forth herein.
If you chose to pay today by credit card, upon clicking on the 'I Agree' button, you will be automatically taken to PayPal where you can securely process your rental payment, either through your PayPal account or via a credit card of your choice. After payment, you will be redirected back to our home page and you will receive a confirmation email as a receipt. Please contact us if you don't receive an email confirmation.
Make checks payable to:
City of North Olmsted
Mail full payment to:
28114 Lorain Road
North Olmsted, OH 44070
To pay by credit card please call or stop in to the Senior Center at 440-777-8100, 28114 Lorain Road during hours of operation - Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.