Golden Apple Movement
The Golden Apple Movement is a grassroots effort to empower and encourage others to share random acts of kindness. Although the Golden Apple Movement’s roots have cultivated out of the City of North Olmsted, it is up to each person who has received a Golden Apple Movement card to spread kindness and compassion to others throughout all communities.
The philosophy is simple: Think of a random act of kindness, see it through, and tell that person to give a gesture of kindness to someone else. Stop by the North Olmsted Senior Center Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm to pick up your Golden Apple Movement card, and see the Golden Apple Ideas below if you need inspiration. Join the movement, be a good apple and pass your card along- because kindness matters.
If you want to learn more about the Golden Apple Movement, please contact Jackie Anderson, Senior Center Administrator, at [email protected].
Golden Apple Ideas:
- Buy a beverage for the person in line behind you
- Buy or knit a hat or scarf and give it away to someone waiting for a bus on a cold day
- Give a flower to someone you have never met
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru
- Give a lotto ticket to a random stranger
- Start a “give and take” board: Take a few dollar bills, gloves, hats, gift cards, etc. – place it in a public area – and watch people leave and take items off your board
- Pack a picnic lunch and give it to someone at the beach
- Place a lotto ticket inside a greeting card at the store
- Have a group of friends make cookies/cakes/muffins and give them to residents in a nursing home, assisted living facility, fire station or police station
- Create a free car wash station and wash a few cars / or create a free dog wash station and wash a few dogs
- Give a ticket to the zoo to someone
- Leave a basket of outdoor recreation items in the park for people to use and or take. For example: tennis balls, football, rackets, kites, etc.